Alaska Trackling

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Blogging is new for me, so please be tolerant. This is my first attempt at getting a picture from my iPhone into the blog. Hope you are not blinded by the reflected sun.

So, we are off, having left Memphis this morning. My partner for this grand adventure, Ron Goshow (pictured here with our modern day pack mules), and I spent the first day on the road together today with temperatures approaching 100F. He left home in Southeastern Pennsylvania, Thursday, June 21. I left home on Central Florida's Atlantic Coast Wednesday, June 20. We reached our Memphis meeting point Friday afternoon within 10 minutes of each other.Temperatures are too high for camping, so we are in a sleep cheap in Bolivar, MO, about 2.5 hours South of Kansas City.

No comments:

Post a Comment